jeremynicelor-pr

How to do Expat tax return in Turbotax

I am a US citizen living in Germany, pay taxes here, 365 days a year, I am self-employed. I have issues with filing my expat taxes with turbotax as it's confusing.

So I go to "foreign income", enter my foreign income, go through all questions and do get a foreign exclusion amount. But do I also have to add my income under the INCOME
jeremynicelor-pr

How to do Expat tax return in Turbotax

So I go to "foreign income", enter my foreign income, go through all questions and do get a foreign exclusion amount. But do I also have to add my income under the INCOME & EXPENSES section under self-emplyment income or not?! Is there a video or an instruction sheet somewhere how to properly do an expat return?

fanfare

How to do Expat tax return in Turbotax

Once you have entered your Germany income as foreign income, you don't enter it again on another schedule.

If you are reporting your Germany income as self-employment income on Schedule C, you don't enter it again as foreign income. You will pay US Social Security tax.