turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gurulejn

How to change the phone number on my file, number for incoming updates? Wrong number is not letting me e-file my taxes.

Not the phone number on my account I don't even have number there. I was asked for a number in the middle of filling out the documents.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

How to change the phone number on my file, number for incoming updates? Wrong number is not letting me e-file my taxes.

If the phone number in the My Info section is blank or the wrong number of digits, it might give this error. 

To check your phone entry, click on My Info, on the left menu, and to the right of your address, click on the icon of the blue pencil. This will open the screen to edit your address and phone is at the bottom.

Enter your complete and accurate phone number and be sure to press Continue until the section completes and the changes are saved.

If this does not stop the error message, you may need to close your browser and clear your cache/cookies/temporary internet files, or use a different browser.

If this does not stop the error message, this TurboTax FAQ has information and a click-for-email-notification link, at the bottom.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4177463

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies