kingtommy97

How much would I possibly get back if i was not going to be claimed as a dependent?

How much would I get if I work full time and I wasn't going to be claimed as a dependent

Coleen3

Assuming you are not a student who gets an Education Credit, you would get an additional exemption of $4050. If you have sufficient income, it can reduce it and have you pay less tax. There is no way to know unless you say you weren't claimed to see the difference. If your income is enough, and you are in the 10% bracket, that is an additional $405. If you are in the 15% bracket, $607, etc.

As of 1/1/2018, there is no longer an exemption with TCJA.

Coleen3