Baladi

How much can I deduct as expense for a $767 compensation in a form 1099-MIS? I also received a W2 from another source in a much higher amount, Both as Dental hygienist.

LisaBr

You can deduct as expenses as much as you have against the $767 income from the 1099-MISC.  Meaning you could have more expenses involved that the income earned.

These expenses needs to be documented and be part of earning this income.

The following IRS information may e helpful:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/reduce-your-taxes-with-miscellaneous-deductions

Baladi

In the link to the IRS tax tips says "You can deduct most miscellaneous expenses only if they exceed two percent of your adjusted gross income." If I have $100 in expenses but my AGI is $25000, can I still deduct the $100 even if it is less than 2% of my AGI?
LisaBr