turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Franky
Returning Member

How many PCs?I bought TurboTax H&B from an online vendor. To prevent the PC crash I installed it on a 2nd PC, but I am getting "Activation code already used up". Normal?

I can provide more details if needed.  Thank you.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

How many PCs?I bought TurboTax H&B from an online vendor. To prevent the PC crash I installed it on a 2nd PC, but I am getting "Activation code already used up". Normal?

I bought mine from Amazon - the listing says "The number of computers eligible for installation may vary".  I'm almost certain the install process said I could use it on 5 PCs, but as noted above, that may vary with vendor (it's marked "Amazon Exclusive").  I've only installed it on one so far.

Did it prompt you to enter the authorization code multiple times, as in the link above?  If so, that's a known issue.

Did the listing where you purchased it state the number of installations?

Franky
Returning Member

I bought it on turbotaxshopping.net and it didn't specify how many PCs. I installed the 2nd because of preventing my PC to crash.

That might not be a legit seller.  I asked a moderator.

Franky
Returning Member

That seems to be the issue. The 2nd installation made TurboTax prompt for activation on my first PC, even after I uninstalled it on my 2nd PC.  Now I have only one non-functional installation on my first PC. I'll keep it that way until the problem is solved by Intuit.

GabiU
Level 15

@Franky That website is not a legitimate re-seller. If you did indeed purchase from that site, please send me a copy of your receipt so I can report it. Click into my profile and send me a message. 

As for the product giving you an error for installing, please sign up for the containment posted by VolvoGirl above for updates. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies