rj0201

How long do I have to put in the right AGI, I will need a transcript mailed to me in order to do so, since I can't find my copy and entered the wrong amount

If you have taxes owed, you have until April 18, 2017 to e-file or print your tax return and pay the taxes owed.  You can file an extension, Form 4868, which would give you an extra 6 months to file the 2016 return but the taxes owed are still due on or before April 18, 2017. 

If you have a tax refund you have up to three years from the April 18, 2017 due date to file your tax return for a refund.  There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date for a tax refund.

The 2015 AGI is only needed to e-file a tax return.  It is not needed to print and mail a tax return.  You can e-file a 2016 tax return using TurboTax until October 16, 2017.

rj0201

Thank You, The IRS rejected the E-File for having the wrong amount and I would rather e-file our return. I just didn't know if I had a time limit to do so. Thank you so much for the information, it was very helpful.