turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How is daughter's tax rate 31%? She received unemployment, subject to Form 8615 "Kiddie Tax", but parent's marginal rate is 22%!

"The reference to 1040 line 11b is just a failure to update the words on the display screen to the new line number - simply  cosmetic."

Cosmetic?  It points to a non-existent line.  Hardly cosmetic.  Could be very confusing to someone trying to do there own taxes for the first time.  This is still not corrected as of 03-28-2021.  Why can't TT fix it?  Too much work?  No big deal?  Who cares?  If a mistake is pointed out, it should be fixed ASAP.  Makes TT look real bad if they don't make a correction as soon as they learn about it.

gstaylor0

How is daughter's tax rate 31%? She received unemployment, subject to Form 8615 "Kiddie Tax", but parent's marginal rate is 22%!

The workaround of adding $1 qualified dividends is still needed.  I have verified this by doing the form 8615 and the dividends and capital gains tax manually. Going to seek a refund for TT as I've spent more than $60 of time figuring this out and in the end filed this return for my kid manually.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies