Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I upgrade an installed Deluxe version to a Premium version?

I am trying to find the correct way to report the sale of an inherited home.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Because these types of sales are considered investment sales, you need to enter this info in the investment section of TurboTax. Select the product you’re using for the right instructions.

You’ll have to use TurboTax Premium to report the sale of a second home, an inherited home, or land.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax Desktop

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you are using the Desktop Deluxe program,  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. You don't need to upgrade to Premier.  It is called Premier in the the Desktop programs.

If it's saying you need to upgrade to Premium (different than Premier) you must be in the Online version and not your Desktop program.  That is common problem.  People accidentally get into Online.  When you filled out your return did you see a black column down the left side with the menu items, Federal, State, File etc. That is Online.

The Desktop program is blue bar menu bar across the top and the menu items like Federal, State, Review, File.

If you need to switch to the Desktop program we can tell you how.  If you bought the Desktop program you can not apply the purchase price to the online version so you will be charged again.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies