If these are taxes for rental property you own, enter your property taxes in the same place you enter your other rental expenses.
If you're a homeowner, your property taxes are entered in the Deductions & Credits section:
- Sign in and open your return if you're not already in it.
- Inside TurboTax, search for property tax and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
- Answer Yes to the question Did you pay property or real estate taxes in 2019?
- Enter your property/real estate taxes on the next screen.
Important Additional Information
When your property/real estate taxes are included on your 1098, you’ll enter them as part of your Mortgage Interest in the property or real estate tax field. If they aren't listed on your 1098, you’ll enter them separately as property/real estate taxes.
Tip: If you own additional properties for personal use (like a cabin or timeshare), make sure to include the property/real estate payments for those as well.
- Where can I find out how much property (real estate) tax I paid?
- Can I deduct property (real estate) taxes?
- What's the difference between real estate tax, property tax, and personal property tax?
- What if my property (real estate) taxes are paid through my mortgage lender?
- Where do I enter income and expenses from a rental property?