Where do I enter my real estate (property) taxes i... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.1940 helpful votes

Where do I enter my real estate (property) taxes in TurboTax Online?

If these are taxes for rental property you own, enter your property taxes in the same place you enter your other rental expenses.

If you're a homeowner, your property taxes are entered in the Deductions & Credits section:

1. Sign in and open your return if you're not already in it.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for property tax and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
  3. Answer Yes to the question Did you pay property or real estate taxes in 2018?
  4. Enter your property/real estate taxes on the next screen.

Important Additional Information

When your property/real estate taxes are included on your 1098, you’ll enter them as part of your Mortgage Interest in the property or real estate tax field. If they aren’t listed on your 1098, you’ll enter them separately as property/real estate taxes.

Tip: If you own additional properties for personal use (like a cabin or timeshare), make sure to include the property/real estate payments for those as well.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in