Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Emmy01

How do I turn off the autopay for my dept/student loans from my returns?

A few years ago I selected an option to have my returns sent to pay my student loans every year but now I need to stop it. So far I have yet to relocate that option and I need help with either finding the option and turning or having someone do it for me remotely. I would really appreciate the help, thank you. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

When you go through the File tab you can pick how to get the refund, either by check or Direct Deposit.  I guess you must have put in the loan bank info in there.  Go though and enter your own bank account and routing number.  

If you have not filed yet or your efile rejects, you can change your refund method and bank info by going through the File tab again.  If your return was Accepted then it's too late to change it.  If your bank rejects the deposit the IRS will mail a check to the address on your return.

See if this helps

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-change-my-transferred-direct-deposit-infor...

Unless you are in default and the IRS is automatically keeping your refunds to pay the loans.  Then there is nothing you can do except catch up and pay on the loan.

Emmy01

Oh I see, thank you for the clarification. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies