Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JDM4
Level 1

How do I transmit returns? I get the message, "Duplicate filing found in same transmission, 2023 transmissions are not available not ready to process for this return.

Thanks for the quick responses!  I did go back through the step by step and say "no" when asked if I wanted to set up estimated taxes.  I was then able to efile my NY return.  It did not go through previously.  Deleting the estimated taxes in forms mode may have been even faster.

I then did step by step again and said yes to estimated taxes so I could print vouchers.  I thought I'd also be able to say I wanted to pay estimated taxes myself, but TurboTax remembered I set up direct debits previously and defaulted back to that.  Good workaround, but would have been a lot easier and more convenient if things had worked as intended.  Thx!

How do I transmit returns? I get the message, "Duplicate filing found in same transmission, 2023 transmissions are not available not ready to process for this return.

So glad it worked out!! Thank you for letting me know 😊

thanks!  I just did the same

iowwh2

Same problem.  It's definitely a NYS income tax issue, and it has to do with setting up estimated taxes.  When I removed the estimated taxes for next year and resubmitted, it went right through.

Does anyone know whether this issue will be fixed soon or should I assume that NY estimated taxes will need to be processed outside of TurboTax Premier?

TJ2003

I had the same NYS 2024 estimated tax filing problem  with TT Desktop Premier. I called Support, they opened an Investigation, and TT has now (3/14/25) released an update to "resolve" the problem. The update now says only the first of the 2024 NYS estimated tax payments can be filed electronically, and requires you to delete the other three from the form after you repeat the "review" step of your NYS return to be filed electronically. I did this and it allowed the 2023 return and the first 2024 estimate to be transmitted with no error messages. 

Thank you TJ2003.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies