mrsdrea26

How do I take a picture of my w2 on turbo tax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2938482-how-do-i-take-a-picture-of-my-w-2-in-turbotax-online

ReginaM

You can take a picture via the mobile app, which will then upload to TurboTax Online. Here's how:

1. Download the mobile app (if you don't already have it) on the iOS or Android device you want to use to snap the picture.
  2. Sign in to the app (if you’re not already signed in), open or continue your return, and then:
    • Select the menu icon in the upper left.
    • Select Federal, then Wages & Income.
    • Under Wages and income, select Job (W-2), on the next screen, select Work on my W-2 now,and select Continue.
      • If you've already entered a W-2, select Add another W-2.
  3. You will next see the OK, let's get what's in Box b screen.
    • This screen allows you to import your W-2 by entering your employer ID number.
    • To take a picture of your W-2, continue to the next screen.
  4. On the OK, how would you like to enter your W-2? screen, select Snap a photo of my W-2.
  5. Make sure your W-2 is lying flat on a plain, well-lit surface. We'll direct you on how to get the best photo and automatically snap the picture for you.
    • Note: This picture won't be saved on your device, nor in your TurboTax account.
  6. TurboTax will automatically import your information, or direct you to type it in if there’s a problem. You'll have the opportunity to compare the information entered with your W-2 and to make changes if needed.

You can continue in the mobile app or sign into TurboTax Online where your information will now be uploaded.