How do I take a picture of my W-2 in TurboTax Online?
You can take a picture via the mobile app, which will then upload to TurboTax Online. Here's how:
- Download the mobile app (if you don't already have it) on the iOS or Android device you want to use to snap the picture.
- Sign in to the app (if you’re not already signed in) and then:
- Select Take me to my return.
- Select the menu icon in the upper left.
- Select Federal, then Income & Expenses.
- Under Your income and expenses, select Job (W-2), on the next screen, select Add a W-2.
- If you've already entered a W-2, select Add another W-2.
- Keep swiping until you reach the Let’s start with some info from this W-2 screen.
- This screen allows you to import your W-2 by entering your employer ID number.
- To take a picture of your W-2, then swipe from left to right.
- On the OK, how would you like to enter your W-2? screen, select Snap a photo of my W-2.
- Make sure your W-2 is lying flat on a plain, well-lit surface. We'll direct you how to get the best photo and automatically snap the picture for you.
- Note: This picture won't be saved on your device, nor in your TurboTax account.
- TurboTax will automatically import your information or direct you to type it in, if there’s a problem. You'll have the opportunity to compare the information entered with your W-2 and to make changes if needed.
You can continue in the mobile app or sign into TurboTax Online where your information will now be uploaded.