How do I take a picture of my W-2 in TurboTax Online?
You can't snap a photo of your W-2 in TurboTax Online, nor can you upload a photo you took with your device's camera.
However, you can take a picture via the mobile app, which will then upload to TurboTax Online. Here's how:
- Download the mobile app (if you don't already have it) on the iOS or Android device you want to use to snap the picture.
- Open the app, sign in, and navigate to the W-2 photo screen:
- Tap the upper-left corner to open the side navigation bar.
- Tap Wages & Income (under Federal Taxes).
- Select the option to work on your W-2.
- Keep swiping until you reach the OK, how would you like to enter your W-2? screen.
- Tap Snap a photo of my W-2.
- Follow the instructions to optimize the image. When fully optimized, TurboTax will automatically snap the picture for you.
- Note: This picture won't be saved on your device, nor in your TurboTax account.
- Keep following the instructions to upload the W-2.
- After your W-2 photo has been successfully uploaded, tap the upper-left corner, scroll all the way down and tap App Settings, then Sign Out.
You can then sign back into TurboTax Online in your browser. We'll pick up where you left off in the mobile app.