TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
701 people found this useful

How do I take a picture of my W-2 in TurboTax Online?

You can take a picture via the mobile app, which will then upload to TurboTax Online. Here's how:

1. Download the mobile app (if you don't already have it) on the iOS or Android device you want to use to snap the picture.
  2. Sign in to the app (if you’re not already signed in) and then:
    • Select Take me to my return.
    • Select the menu icon in the upper left.
    • Select Federal, then Income & Expenses.
    • Under Your income and expenses, select Job (W-2), on the next screen, select Add a W-2.
      • If you've already entered a W-2, select Add another W-2.
  3. Keep swiping until you reach the Let’s start with some info from this W-2 screen.
    • This screen allows you to import your W-2 by entering your employer ID number.
    • To take a picture of your W-2, then swipe from left to right.
  4. On the OK, how would you like to enter your W-2? screen, select Snap a photo of my W-2.
  5. Make sure your W-2 is lying flat on a plain, well-lit surface. We'll direct you how to get the best photo and automatically snap the picture for you.
    • Note: This picture won't be saved on your device, nor in your TurboTax account.
  6. TurboTax will automatically import your information or direct you to type it in, if there’s a problem. You'll have the opportunity to compare the information entered with your W-2 and to make changes if needed.

You can continue in the mobile app or sign into TurboTax Online where your information will now be uploaded.

GEN87471
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L0FysLwBu_US_en_US