Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

nander01

How do I report TurboTax Software Errors?

Form CT 1040TCS was blank.  It took me several hours to run a hand calculation to check the value calculated by Turbotax.  

2021-04-27_15-35-34.jpgI came across this error when reviewing my sons tax return. The with holding from the W2 Line 10 is replicated on Line 18 other withholding while the detail for line 18 is empty.  I cleared the error with an override on the NJ 1040 and NJ Tax Payment worksheet

2021-04-27_15-41-49.jpg 

gpapa
Returning Member

When I tried to file my returns it gave me an error that I had a1099 estimated item.  The program sent me to another form, not the 1099.   I checked that form for estimated item, none found.  I went to two 1099s and found no estimated item although I had made one item estimated, and thought I removed it.  In order to file my return I deleted both 1099's and reentered the related information.  it took some time to find a difference in the tax.  It was in the "amount of income after March".

I have been a turbotax user for many years and had a similar problem a few years ago.  On the whole I am a satisfied customer.

An investment company took money from my account.  The request for funds to be withdrawn was from a different customer.  They should not have taken it from my account.  They have returned my money and sent a corrected 1099-R that shows I paid 133.33 federal tax and the taxable amount is zero. When I try to transmit the tax return the program keeps taking me back to this transaction. It won't transmit.  I can't see anything else that needs to be changed so this will work.

My tax return was completed by the IRS the other day and I got a notice stating that I messed up entering 2 seperate areas in the tax prep and I used the online websites imput modules so the information shouldn't be wrong? Correct. For instance, my stimulus second payment didn't come and also now the third but I filed for the 1200, married rebate as of February 7th 202. WHich accoreding the the IRS which till this day still dosn't have our correct address in the wheres my payment app bc they said we were to late filing to change fo rthe 3rd. But I filed correctly on or about the 7th of february using this softwares modules. It also said I entered the EITC credit infor which after I did it on the IRS webdite caluculater it says I am getting 33 bucks not 400 plus to which the IRS now is saying we are getting a zero dollar refund, not the stimulas rebate nor even the 33 bucks the IRS webdiste claims I am owed, I will take that up with them personally I am sorry for this extremely long letter but I am not sure what to do and I have been trying to get on with you support to see if I indeed made these mistakes, If so I will aplologize and move on. If not I think there is a serious issue. Not to mention the website still states my tax's are accepted and refund same, no updates. After 3 months

@rodwarrior   Since you can't enter more withholding than the gross distribution on a 1099R, Maybe you can add it this way and don't enter the 1099R at all,

Federal Taxes (or Personal for Home & Business)
Deductions and Credits
Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
Income Taxes Paid - Click the Start or Update button

Next page scroll down to bottom section Other Income Taxes Paid
Click Start or Update by Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099

gpapa
Returning Member

Try deleting the 1099 and reentering it, if necessary

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@rodwarrior The tax withheld on zero taxable income is a little confusing for the program. Instead, enter zero tax withheld on the 1099-R and enter the $133 under other taxes paid.

To do this:

1. Return to the 1099-R
  2. Edit
  3. Remove the tax withheld
  4. Continue
  5. Go to Deductions and Credits
  6. Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  7. Select Other Income Taxes, start/edit
  8. Scroll down to Other Income Taxes Paid
  9. Visit All/ edit
  10. Yes to make any of above tax payments
  11. Continue
  12. Enter $133 for federal withholding
  13. Done
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
muktuk
Returning Member

TTax is asking me if I took itemized or took standard deduction last year. 

WTF? I have been using TT over a decade, I just imported the last years return, it should be able to tell from that. Now, I need to install last years TTax software, and open last years return to figure that. Why is TT not able to tell from the imported file from last year? Is TT going down hill and time to switch because a great software doesn't do that!

You should be able to look at your 2019 return and see.  Do you have a printout or pdf of 2019?  Most people are taking the Standard Deduction now that it is increased.  

Turbo Tax can't know for sure because you might have amended your return or didn't file from Turbo Tax.  

muktuk
Returning Member

>> because you might have amended your return or didn't file from Turbo Tax.

Oh please come on! I obviously used TT as I imported the last years file. Now, whether I amended, it's a simple question to ask, it can at least offer what it found from imported file saying this is what i found, is this correct. 

No, I don't have pdf or printouts for security reasons. You stopped offering password protected PDFs a while ago I think.

Thank you for the response, unfortunately I am still perplexed. I have access to my 2019 and 2018 tax's. The information was entered correctly but not according to the IRS entered correctly despite me just following the steps per module. Same with the stimulus. I was not deemed qualified bc turbo tax parked my payment and I never got it. And now its to late to enter information in the get my payment tool. And I have been on this since February. I am very frustrated with the fact that not only cab U not get assistance from turbotax but now after a years almost no possible hope of getting the stimulas and I am not getting a refund now.

GeoffreyTan7
Returning Member

I am using delux app in PC.  The tax withholding was not calculated correctly by Turbotax software.  It should be $21K withheld by my employer.  But the software show $0.

Delete the W2 and re enter it.  That usually fixes it.  Only box 2 is federal withholding.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies