The program (and the IRS) defaults to the first name that is entered. Are you trying to file Married Separately? You must set up a new TT account with a new user ID and password. But why not file Joint?
If you have your own TurboTax account and you're having a hard time logging into your account on the sign in page because the web browser defaults to your husband's account:
- Delete your cookies and clear your cache.
- If that doesn't work, reboot your computer.
- If that doesn't work, use a different web browser.
If you don't have your own account, never start a second return by going back and replacing the info in your completed return. This will permanently overwrite your tax return, which means you won't be able to retrieve your copy later.
Instead, follow the steps below.
- Sign out of TurboTax Online.
- Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
- On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the second return.
- You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
- Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
- After you've created the new account, you can start working on the return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"