cindy-teamtso

HOW DO I PREPARE W2s for two different companies using Turbo Tax Business? I have one company showing up that needs only a 1099 and can't seem to add the other companies.

MinhT

To prepare forms 1099-MISC or W-2 for another company in TurboTax Business, save your open return and start a new return.

• On the Start a new return screen, click on Prepare W2/1099 (see attached screenshot 1).
  • On the next page, you will be given a choice between preparing your forms Online or using your desktop.
  • We recommend doing it online as you can efile for free. You can still print the forms to send to your employees or contractors.
  • Click Choose Online and you will be taken to the TurboTax Quick Employer Forms (QEF) website.
  • Sign in with your TurboTax username and password. If you do not have an account, click Create Account to create a new account. Note carefully the username and password as you need then if you need to retrieve the forms later.
  • After signing in, click on Create New Form
  • On the next page, choose the type of forms you wish to prepare then click Continue
  • On the next page, you can add another business by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Choose Business or Add a New one (see screenshot 2). Click on Add a Business
  • On the next page, fill in the new business information and prepare your forms.

Edied 01.12.18  |  4:20 PM

MinhT

Edied 01.12.18  |  4:20 PM

MinhT

Please see my edited answer for more detailed instructions.