`

How do I import 2015 tax info into my 2016 taxes? It used to ask but it didn't this time. Used H&B download last year and using it this year.

I'm being forced to inter everything manually this year.  I was not given a option to transfer info from 2015 taxes.  I filled an extension first before I started the return, should I have started the return first?

First of all you need the file ending in .tax2015 on your computer.  Do you have that?   It should be in your Documents then in a Turbo Tax folder.

Then start a new return, go to FILE - NEW TAX RETURN and if it doesn't find the .tax2015 file you can browse to where it is. You can only transfer at the beginning before you start 2016.