Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i get to Form 8814. If the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend 1099-Misc has been issued to your child under their social security number.

If the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend 1099-Misc has been issued to your child under their social security number, you have the following options:

1.Report it on your return using Form 8814. Look for the topic Child's Income (Under Age 24) under Less Common Income(only available if your child's only income was from interest and dividends, including capital gain distributions and Alaska Permanent Fund dividend).
2.Have your own child file their own tax return.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do i get to Form 8814. If the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend 1099-Misc has been issued to your child under their social security number.

Follow these steps if you want to include your child's PFD on your return:

1. Select the Federal tab.
  2. Select Wages & Income.
  3. On the Your income summary screen, scroll down to Less Common Income and select Show more.
  4. Select Start next to Child's Income (Under Age 24).

Answer the questions and TurboTax will fill out Form 8814 that shows the child's income.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

As you note in your question, your child's APF income can be reported either your return, or their own, depending on the circumstances.

See the TurboTax Help article Where do I enter my 2022 Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend (Alaska PFD)? for guidance.  It describes how to create Form 8814, if that's what's needed.

It's a fairly straightforward procedure, but be sure to read the entire article before starting.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies