Solved: How do I get my covid relief check if I was claime...

hastang2001

How do I get my covid relief check if I was claimed on my parents income tax and they did not receive my covid check?

bluedeb

If you are over 17, your parents don't qualify to receive the stimulus check for you.  Dependents have to be under the age of 17 at the end of 2019.

bluedeb

To add:  If you are under 17, then the IRS will send you a letter regarding your payment & also have instructions on what to do if you did not receive the correct amount.  It can take about 15 days to receive the letter.

bluedeb

Sorry but your mother cannot get the $500 stimulus money for you since you are over 17.  Since your mother claimed you on her 2019 return, you would not qualify for the stimulus money even if you file your own return because you are a dependent on someone else's return.

bluedeb

bluedeb

hastang2001

I am over 17. My mother has provided for me all year due to an illness. My Mother claims me on her taxes due to this situation. She did get her $1200.00 and I am wondering if I can get either the $1200 since I did file in 2018 or can I get the $500 for my mother?

bluedeb