turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ia2016

How do I fix my address? I got to the end of my return, and it won't let me file because it thinks my address needs an apartment number, but there's no way to change it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

How do I fix my address? I got to the end of my return, and it won't let me file because it thinks my address needs an apartment number, but there's no way to change it.

Go to Personal Information tab and that is where the address can be changed.

ia2016

I've done that and my address is entered correctly, leaving the space for "Apt #" blank (because it's not an apartment) but when I go to file, it brings up a "problem that needs review" demanding an apartment number.

Try to click on backspace over the apartment # as it appears there is a period or something stuck in there that is causing this.
ia2016

Ok, tried that and it didn't work. Also, it appears to only be a problem on my State return, not the Federal.

That is strange, worse case you could say apartment 1, and still get mail that way and use Direct deposit. --but go through beginning of State again first.
ia2016

Ok. Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "still get mail that way and use Direct deposit." Thank you for your help, by the way.

for example if listed my address and put apartment 1, down the Post office would still give me mail.  However my return is e-filed and I am using direct deposit if I have a refund so nothing comes here anyway.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies