How do I fix a return rejected due to FED_Taxable_...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsanghvi

How do I fix a return rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA?

My return was rejected due to "FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA". When I try to "fix it", TurboTax says in "What needs to be done" section: "We are reviewing updates to Taxable Inherited IRA calculations. We expect to have these updates done by March 5th, 2021." Does this just mean TurboTax had an error and I should wait? I didn't inherit any IRA, and double checked that, so unclear what I did wrong.
5 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, please wait for the updates on March 5th.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bensanford
Level 2

Apparently this is a problem that a lot of people are having.  there is another message thread about this problem with over a hundred people reporting the issue, but unfortunately there hasn't been any response from TurboTax

bensanford
Level 2

Apparently this is a TurboTax problem. There is another thread about this with over a hundred other people reporting similar issues.  Unfortunately TurboTax hasn't provided a response to this issue.

RobertMaxB
Level 3

If you want to see the main thread with many people discussing the issue, and what they are hearing from customer support:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/my-return-was-rejected-due-to-fed-taxable-inherit...

RobertMaxB
Level 3

Update: Some people with this error are getting returns accepted, discussing on main thread.  Turbotax update on 3/4 seems to have fixed it (for many, not sure if 100% fixed).

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings