In order to calculate your Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI), you will begin with your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)from your Tax Return: Form 1040 Line 37, Form 1040A Line 21, or Form 1040EZ Line 4.
To view your Tax Return before filing, login to your return and go to Tax Tools>>Tools>>View Tax Summary.
Next, you will add the following things to your AGI in order to come up with your MAGI :
- Student loan interest
- One-half of self-employment tax
- Passive loss or passive income
- IRA contributions, taxable social security payments
- The exclusion for income from U.S. savings bonds
- The exclusion under 137 for adoption expenses
- Rental losses
- Any overall loss from a publicly traded partnership
If you don't have any of the above items, then your MAGI will simply be the same as your AGI.
Check out this TurboTax Article for more details on: What is the Difference Between AGI & MAGI?