How do I file taxes as an Unlicensed Childcare Pro...

How do I file taxes as an Unlicensed Childcare Provider in Michigan?

I am an Unlicensed Childcare Provider in Michigan for 3 children. My paychecks are issued by the Department of Education but they are issued to the Mother of the children, she has to cash them and give them to me. No taxes aren't removed from each check, so I know I need to pay into taxes.

I believe I am technically her employee but I could also be self employed. Should I have her make a W2 to give to me? or do I file as self employed and enter all the stubs, payment slips and childcare hours?

If you are providing the childcare in YOUR own home you are self-employed.  If you are working in the child's home you are a household employee.  Where do you take care of the children?

I care for the children in their home.The checks are issued to the parents and they deposit them and give them to me. Taxes aren't withheld. The Department of Education is sending me an report of the payments that were made to me. Do I file Self Employed with a Schedule C or am I supposed to receive a W2 from the parents because I am a household employee?

If you are working in their home you are a household employee.  They are supposed to issue a W-2 to you.