turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file my 1040 schedule C return? I don't have a W2?

I cleaned houses and did child care. How should I file?
1 Reply
Intuit Alumni

How do I file my 1040 schedule C return? I don't have a W2?

Under the income section, skip the W-2/wages section.  When it asks if you have any W-2s to enter,  answer No.  You create two business sections under the 'Self-employment' section under Income, one for each income type.   

If you received a 1099 for this income, report it under the 1099 section.  If you did not receive a 1099, you report it under Additional Income.  The section is for any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC or 1099-G, including cash/checks and 1099-Ks. 

Note, you will not be able to deduct expenses related to this income without upgrading to the Self-Employed product.  However, all of your income can be reported in Deluxe.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies