How do I file an extension

How do I file an extension

How do I file an extension

without a w2?

How do I file an extension

Yes, that's okay.  If your wages are on a W-2 and you normally get money back, then you won't need to make a payment.  TurboTax will show you an entry box for "total taxes owed" and another for "total you've already paid."  Just put the same figure in both ($500 is fine).  Since both boxes are the same, TurboTax will tell you that you don't need to make a payment and you can continue.

If you normally owe, then you can put a smaller amount in the "taxes paid" box and make a payment of your choosing.

How do I file an extension

Are we not able to E-File an Extension through Turbo TAx this year?

How do I file an extension

Yes, you can.

How do I file an extension

go to the return

How do I file an extension

FEDERAL TAXES

How do I file an extension

For this tax season, the TurboTax Easy Extension feature will be available to customers in late March.  You'll be able to file an extension thru TurboTax by following these steps:

1. Click on the Federal Taxes tab
  2. Click on the Other Tax Situations subtab
  3. Scroll down to Other Tax Forms 
  4. Select File An Extension

The important thing to remember about extensions is that they only extend your time to file the return.  If you owe money, then the IRS and states expect you to pay by the normal tax deadline -- there's no extension for paying. So if you're filing an extension and you believe you'll owe, then you'll want to mail a check to the IRS or state.  

On the other hand, If you normally receive a refund, and you don't anticipate any change, then you don't need to send payment.

In regard to your state return: Some states will piggyback off the federal extension, so there's no additional state form to file.  Other states require you to submit their own extension forms.  TurboTax will walk you thru the state extension as well as the federal process to ensure you follow the requirements of your state.

If you're curious about your particular state, here's a list of extension requirements by state: https://www.irs.com/articles/state-tax-extension-information

How do I file an extension

It does not address the issue of E-Filing an extension!  It is not available in all program versions!  And, to have to go online & put very sensitive data is not a good option!  Come up with a better way! Nothing is Hack -Proof! A.S.

How do I file an extension

TurboTax Extension Solved - Select PERSONAL tab, Other Tax Situations button, scroll down to Other Tax Forms, click Start for File an Extension.  You will have "until October 16 to file your return", select Yes to confirm filing an extension, TurboTax will guide you through the remainder of the extension. 

[Done using TurboTax Home and Business 2016].