turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mark26355

How do i enter a 1099-INT received from the IRS from interest income. there is no bank information its asking for.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

How do i enter a 1099-INT received from the IRS from interest income. there is no bank information its asking for.

It is not necessary or a required entry for the Federal identification number on Forms 1099-INT.  You can proceed to enter the interest and move to the next entry.

sg312
Returning Member

i received a letter from the IRS saying that they gave me interest with my refund. no 1099 just said that i must report it as income and gave me their tax ID. how does it get reported in turbotax???

IRS interest 1099 form probably only says 1099 (rev. 9-07) on it. The IRS EIN # on it is 38-1798424.

Enter interest from the IRS like a 1099Int and put the amount in box 1.
Enter a 1099-Int under
Federal
Wages & Income
Interest and Dividends
Interest on 1099INT - Click the Start or Update button

Put the interest amount in box 1

Marylynnc

It’s asking for zipcode for Ogden ut

For the IRS?  Delete that one and Enter interest from the IRS like a 1099Int and put the amount in box 1.  Enter it manually and just enter IRS for the payer.  Don't enter any other info like the address or a EIN.

jpro1231

It says "Investments and Savings" now on the updated version rather than "Interest and Dividends." Is this correct?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

No. It is called Interest and Dividends.

@jpro1231  Where does it say Investments and Savings?  Can you post a screenshot?

Oh you are right!  

0 1099B.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies