Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

muddanet

How do I delete Form 2210?

Update (after 4th rejection): Since I didn't have an underpayment of estimated taxes, Form 2210 shouldn't be included at all. Applying the online-version workaround got rid of the form. IRS accepted my e-filed return. Thank you, frank.forgione!

ORIGINAL COMMENT
Using the IRS form ( irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2210.pdf ) I completed Part I, checking "Yes" on box 9. In the form's instructions ( irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i2210.pdf ) on page 3, I completed the 85% Exception Worksheet, checking "Yes" on box 6, which says, "You qualify for the 85% Waiver relief. Check Box A in Part II of Form 2210, write '85% Waiver' next to Box A, and file page 1 of Form 2210 with your return." I'm reluctant to use the workaround (2017 Tax Liability = 0) since I must file the first page of the form.
martyb555

I updated my TT Premier desktop software per <christiaf> messsage above. The final check errors disappeared however the 2210 form is still there and cannot be deleted. TT please acknowledge that this is a problem and that it will be fixed.
stoutmw

I have no software updates pending for the MAC Premier version.  The 2210 form is still  reappearing after I manually delete it.   The workarounds provided by Frank aren't working for Mac OS X users apparently, and I have no idea what ChristinaF is talking about, because my software is up to date, and I am getting IRS rejects and I can't delete the Form 2210 without it automatically showing back up.
stoutmw

I have no software updates pending for the MAC Premier version.  The 2210 form is still  reappearing after I manually delete it.   The workarounds provided by Frank aren't working for Mac OS X users apparently, and I have no idea what ChristinaF is talking about, because my software is up to date, and I am getting IRS rejects and I can't delete the Form 2210 without it automatically showing back up.
Tyson509

I think the frank.forgione workaround worked for me! I've been trying different things all weekend - my returns that TT said had no problems have been rejected 3 times. Crossing my fingers. TurboTax should really give frank.forgione a nice fat check for helping their customers more than they're doing.
Tyson509

Yes, returns accepted! Thanks frank.forgione! TurboTax - give that man a prize!

SAME! I have the online version and even though I don't owe a penalty and don't need to file 2210 and EVEN when I delete the form it is repopulated with FromII Line A checked and my return is rejected. WHATS THE POINT of having the tax bundle if i can't e-file? TT Fix the bug or refund my money!

Already paid for this service and it is not working. 4 times rejected! None of the suggestions from Turbo Tax work. The check does not turn up this problem, only when it is sent to IRS. Nightmare!
ok6

As of Monday evening, 2/18 - the problem persists on the Mac Download version. I cannot delete the Form. (it immediately recreates itself)  I do not want to alter the info for 2017 to $0.   I will just keep waiting until TT makes the appropriate update.
twander1

So frustrating. Fix the well-known damn problem. Doesn't anyone monitor this stuff. Come on!!
reslaid69

I’ve had the same problem. I’m not comfortable changing the value to zero either!!  I have Windows version of premier. I’ll be asking for a full refund if TT doesn’t fix this problem soon.   GET ON THE STICK, TT!!
amgrobman

I made a mistake following the advice regarding setting those things to $0 because I received a state refund last year and it is taxable.  My return has been accepted but when I compare the 1040s - the taxable income does not show the state return.  Now I will need to file an amended return to pay the difference.  Not a huge amount but an annoyance.  The supposed Update never showed up prior to this.  Therefore, IF YOU RECEIVED A REFUND FROM STATE IN 2017 I recommend you NOT follow the FIX above.  

Same problem here....

Same problem here. Wasted way too much time on this.

One more to the list! I faced the same frustration.  I have the online version and generated form 2210 requesting for penalty exemption when in actuality I do have one! Cannot remove the form via button form removal. My last move was to use the explanation box option and entering that I want IRS to compute my penalty. Hopefully this will work. Definitely a glitch in the program.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies