Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I delete Form 2210?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you delete this form 2210, the IRS will figure the penalty for you.

View solution in original post

181 Replies

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you delete this form 2210, the IRS will figure the penalty for you.

chazlm1

I deleted the form, but when I try to file electronically Turbotax recreates the form with Part II, box A incorrectly checked.  Turbotax will not let me uncheck the box.  This is preventing me from filing electronically.

YES!!!  Me too......
Loefflerh

Same here...and no answer from experts via phone
cgregr

My problem also
kewray2

Add another yes to this error. Fix it!

I'm having the same problem.  

Obviously a bug.  So fix it already!  For once I'm getting a refund.  May have to file on paper, which makes Turbo Tax less desirable.
martyb555

I also have that same problem! TT will you announce a fix for this on this thread?

I'm having the exact same problem with FORM 2210, Part II, box A.  I cannot delete the form... So I cannot move forward with e-filing.
I've spoken with multiple TT representatives today. Over 6 hours dealing with this issue... I just got off the phone with a TT agent (I was on the phone with her for over 2 hours!) She said TT is finally recognizing that multiple people are dealing with this issue and that it is a bug with their on-line program and are working on a fix. In the meantime, they offered to send me the software/download version... which means I will need to start over and re-enter ALL my information. (But from what I've read, other people are having this same issue with the download version as well.) So I'm hoping TT finds a solution in the next few days so I can avoid having to repeat all the work I've already completed.
c3larson

I'm having the same problem. TurboTax has been a great system up to this point. This needs to get fixed. The tech support robot basically told me not to call about this issue and hung up. TurboTax, I'm losing faith in your program.
jzadeh87

Having a similar problem as well. The error isn't limited just to the online platform- I have the mac desktop version and getting the same error. I was on the phone with TT yesterday (approximately 2 hours with a turbotax representative and then transferred to CPA) who agreed it was a bug and said "someone will begin working on it immediately". Hopefully it will be fixed in the next day or two.
twongxhmc
Returning Member

I have windows desktop version and I too can’t delete that big red X in part II box A.  Tried to delete the form but it reappears in the list of forms after following recommended delete a form instructions.
Butterfly1
Returning Member

I have the same exact issue. Box A in Part II is incorrectly checked. Can't delete. This is a bug in the code
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies