Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do I correct a word in the address?

1 Reply
New Member

How do I correct a word in the address?

If you have not filed your return, you can change the address on the tax return using the instructions below.

  • On the Tax Timeline, select "Personal Info". 
  • Under "Personal Info Summary", scroll until you see the Mailing Address section. 
  • Click "Edit" to update your information (screenshot attached).

If you have filed your tax return, you can fill out Form 8822 Change of Address and mail to the IRS (address for mailing is on page two of the form). The link to the form is here:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies