linwar6

How do I claim my daughter-in-law as a dependent? I support her expenses while she is incarcerated in Alabama? She didn't live with me but I supported her all year.

I supported her out of state.
macuser_22

If she is incarcerated then the state provided the housing, food, medical and the greater part of support, not you.

Sorry---you cannot claim your incarcerated DIL as a dependent.  She is being supported by the penal institution in which she lives.  Money you send her for spending money etc. is not "support"  --- it is a gift to her.  Gifts to individuals are not deductible.