Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I claim an unborn child in Georgia as a dependent? The new dependent form in TurboTax requires a birthdate and baby will not be born until April 2024.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

How do I claim an unborn child in Georgia as a dependent? The new dependent form in TurboTax requires a birthdate and baby will not be born until April 2024.

In the Georgia state program, in the section for reporting Income scroll down to Miscellaneous and select Dependent Personal Exemption for Unborn Children.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

No, you cannot claim a federal exemption for an unborn child, so you will not add a dependent in the federal "My Info" section.  As DoninGA mentions you can however get a GA exemption in the GA state interview.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
joyriley1

Hello, were you able to do the Dependent Personal Exemption for Unborn Children, I’m not sure where to find the form you’re speaking about.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

As you go through your Georgia tax return in TurboTax, look for the page titled, Here's the income that Georgia handles differently.

Scroll down that page to the Miscellaneous category near the bottom.

Then click Start or Update beside the first item in the list, Dependent Personal Exemption for Unborn Children to enter your information.

@joyriley1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@joyriley1 wrote:

Hello, were you able to do the Dependent Personal Exemption for Unborn Children, I’m not sure where to find the form you’re speaking about.

When you are in the Georgia state program using TurboTax there are 4 sections to complete -

General Info

Income

Credits

Other Situations 

In the Georgia state program, in the section for reporting Income scroll down to Miscellaneous and select Dependent Personal Exemption for Unborn Children.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies