heidifarnham

How do I change my return from head of household to single? I would like to see the difference in refund.

Marketstar

You may be able to determine the difference without changing your return with this refund tool: See Tax Caster

Marketstar

heidifarnham

Thank you, that is a nice tool  I would like to make the change as it saves headache when submitting FAFSA information to colleges.  If one uses head of household, the submission must be manual! 😛
Two Questions:
Is there a way to see the difference for state refunds?  Is that different by state?  I'm in MN.
How do I change this setting?
Thanks.
Marketstar

TurboTax does not have a state refund tool- we would need over 40 of them to accommodate all of the states. To see the difference in a state refund you would have to go back to the
 personal info interview and change your filing status.
heidifarnham

Thank you.  I did go to the personal info.  When I clicked edit, it did not allow me to make that change.
Marketstar

Very well-thanks for choosing TurboTax!