turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change my return from head of household to single? I would like to see the difference in refund.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I change my return from head of household to single? I would like to see the difference in refund.

You may be able to determine the difference without changing your return with this refund tool: See Tax Caster

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You may be able to determine the difference without changing your return with this refund tool: See Tax Caster

Thank you, that is a nice tool  I would like to make the change as it saves headache when submitting FAFSA information to colleges.  If one uses head of household, the submission must be manual! 😛
Two Questions:
Is there a way to see the difference for state refunds?  Is that different by state?  I'm in MN.
How do I change this setting?
Thanks.

TurboTax does not have a state refund tool- we would need over 40 of them to accommodate all of the states. To see the difference in a state refund you would have to go back to the
 personal info interview and change your filing status.

Thank you.  I did go to the personal info.  When I clicked edit, it did not allow me to make that change.

Very well-thanks for choosing TurboTax!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies