Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i change my filing to show that I have been claimed by my parent as a dependent? I filed my taxes as no one was going to claim me but it was rejected by the IRS.

Turns out my parents did claim me.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do i change my filing to show that I have been claimed by my parent as a dependent? I filed my taxes as no one was going to claim me but it was rejected by the IRS.

How to indicate you can be claimed as a dependent or need to change it, yes or no.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/indicate-claimed-dependent-so...

Go to My Info and edit your name

Dep My Info.png

I do not have that option on the left menu... here is what my home page looks like.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 6.23.10 PM.png

KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

Click on Fix my rejected return. It will take you further into the return where you can make the changes. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies