Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rubygrad

How do I buy a California state income tax for 2017 when I've already bought the federal and another state for 2017?

I now need to file a California state return form 540 for 2017 because of a K-1. I already filed federal and Oregon returns for 2017. How do I buy the California product for 2017?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I buy a California state income tax for 2017 when I've already bought the federal and another state for 2017?

I will assume you still have your 2017 TurboTax program. When you click on the "State" tab, it will tell you to click continue to work on your state return. The next page shows the free state you chose with the purchase of the program (in your case, Oregon); below that it will tell you to click "Get Another State" if you need to do another (in you case, California). When I clicked the button, it opens a page saying it will take my to a secure online site to "finish my order". I would assume it will walk you through the steps to buy and download your 2nd state.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I will assume you still have your 2017 TurboTax program. When you click on the "State" tab, it will tell you to click continue to work on your state return. The next page shows the free state you chose with the purchase of the program (in your case, Oregon); below that it will tell you to click "Get Another State" if you need to do another (in you case, California). When I clicked the button, it opens a page saying it will take my to a secure online site to "finish my order". I would assume it will walk you through the steps to buy and download your 2nd state.
rubygrad

Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies