robpmontgomery

How do I answer "Did you stop working in Music performing in 2020?" when I didn't have the opportunity to earn income due to COVID 19, but I kept practicing?

I went on Unemployment after the COVID 19 restrictions prevented any opportunity of making income with performing.  I'm not sure how to answer the question, "Did you stop working in Music performing in 2020?"

ToddL99

For tax reporting purposes, you did not stop working in Music performing in 2020.

Lack of opportunities to perform does not mean you stopped working in this field - it just means there wasn't any work. This assumes, of course, that you intend to perform as soon as opportunities come available. 

ToddL99

robpmontgomery

Thank you very much!   That's exactly what I needed to know.