turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did TT get my checking account information?

I found that my checking routing and account information is pre-populated in TT Premier CD version for 2023. 

I always buy the CD from Costco to load on my desktop.  I have never used the on-line TT version, or had a TT or Intuit account.  I have never purchased anything from TT/Intuit directly.

I have never filed electronically - always by paper copy and paid by a paper check.  My refunds always are applied to my quarterly estimated tax payments.

There is no way that I entered my checking account into the TT product or online - not this year and not for a previous year.

Where did TT get my checking account information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

You will have to contact TurboTax support for assistance with this problem. Use the key words Billing Issue

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply...tried that (billing issue) but no luck on talking to a live person.  I don't do social media so I'm relying on phone, chat, or email.

I have absolutely never entered my checking information into any TT file, nor have I given it to any online Intuit/TT entity.  I don't download 1099- or W-2 information...I manually enter it.

I don't "register" the product and I turn off the information "metrics" data sharing.  I also do manual rather than automatic updates.

So how did my checking account info get into TT?  I've sent 2 requests to the Privacy Officer but no reply.

Here are some guesses -

Have ever requested a direct deposit of a tax refund to your bank account?

Or have you ever requested a direct debit of taxes owed from your bank account?

Have you ever requested to have your TurboTax account fees paid from a federal tax refund?

Have you ever purchased the TurboTax desktop editions from the TurboTax website using a bank debit card?

Maybe you entered it in the past for something like Direct Deposit and it is transferring over each year.  Maybe you entered it and decided not to use Direct Deposit or Debit.  Switch to Forms and look around on an info worksheet.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

No to all of the above.....everything is by paper return and by paper check....all refunds are applied to my next estimated tax payment

I have never purchased anything from the TT website or paid them an account fee.

Basically, TT/Intuit never knew that I had their product since I bought from Costco and didn't fill out the TT registration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, never entered the information since I always carry over refunds to my next estimated tax payment. 

Interestingly, the checking account info does not appear on Forms and it doesn't appear in "My Tax Data".  And it seems to be persistent since I can't delete or change it -- but that's not my real concern.  What I really want to know is how it got in there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies