How come when I go to check my refund it tells me ...

tabathanennig

How come when I go to check my refund it tells me my information doesn’t match but I’m putting all my information in correctly? Does anyone else have this issue?

JeanneLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Until the IRS starts processing your tax return there may not be a record of it or the IRS website may reflect that you have entered incorrect information. When tracking your federal refund you need to wait at least 24 hours after first transmitting your tax return. As your return moves through the system the status will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. These updates are made daily, usually overnight. Also, you will need to know the exact amount of your tax return refund, your tax return filing status, and your Social Security number when you visit the IRS website to track your refund.

cecilletuason

I have the same issue. I claimed EIC and child credit so I understand that they will process it starting February 15 or something. But my coworker who with the same applied credits have their update on IRS Tool.  Guess I just need to wait a little longer.