ks4

How come the additional state costs $45 instead of $20?

I am a NJ resident working in NY. I am filing my tax using TurboTax Deluxe and when I tried to purchase an additional state, it says I need to pay $45+tax. I believe it is $20 for an additional state so please advise why it is asking so much.

Thanks,

Kai

Zbucklyo

I don't think it was ever $20 for the download version for an additional state.  It was $40, but they just raised it to $45.  This is a typical Intuit trick, where prices are raised in mid-March (if they are having a good year) to nab people who file late or have more complex situations where they are still waiting on documents.  In the future, if you aren't disgusted by the Intuit pricing policy and deceptive advertising, just buy the additional state earlier in the tax season at the lower price.

ks4

Thank you!
ravij1

@Zbucklyo Thanks for the answer. I am in same situation and am just upset that they charge so much for the additional state.
Maru

45 !!! 

ridiculous