Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

peggycook

How can I upload turbotax 2022 desktop files into a new turbotax 2023 desktop that required a new account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can I upload turbotax 2022 desktop files into a new turbotax 2023 desktop that required a new account?

If you are using the Desktop program the online account you used to install the program doesn't matter.  You need to have the .tax2022 file on your computer.  Just start a new return, go up to File-New and it should find all the .tax files on your computer.  If it doesn't find your 2022 return then you can browse to where it is.  They should be in your Documents then in a Turbo Tax folder.  

You are posting from the Online version.  Did you get the 2023 Desktop program installed and activated with the 16 digit License Code ok?  You should be in your program and not online.  

You should probably copy all your tax files on the older desktop computer...to a FlashDrive, then copy them all from that flashdrive into the TurboTax folder in the new computer.

Make sure you've created PDF files of EVERY year's tax return on the older computer, before you begin that Copy-Paste sequence.

The PDF files can always be opened and read by you without the software

(but note that the PDF files CanNot be uploaded into the TTX software...they are just for reading/printing)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies