Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtspool

How can I prove I submitted tax payment through Turbotax.? Is IRS behind in clearing payments?

I entered all information to submit payment into Turbo Tax. I cannot find any evidence this was submitted. Has not cleared our bank account.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How can I prove I submitted tax payment through Turbotax.? Is IRS behind in clearing payments?

you should have gotten either an acceptance or rejection e-mail.  rejected and the IRS knows nothing so the payment will not come out. others have pointed out that their payments did not come out as expected.  personally, I do not use Turbotax to make payments. I use IRS Direct Pay and the state taxes are also paid through its website.  have never had a problem. taxes come out on the date specified and I even get to print a receipt with tracking info should something go awry.   the routing number is checked for validity though it's possible to enter a valid but incorrect number (as you can in Turbotax). you have to enter your a/c number (as you can in Turbotax) twice and they must match  - though here again you could enter the same number twice but be using an invalid one. 

some taxpayers even use a different electronic method for the IRS - EFTPS.  

https://www.irs.gov/payments 

It took the IRS 8 weeks to post my payment I was a nervous wreck waiting on it to post. They posted it as of date received . 

I will add: First, since the pandemic the IRS has been WAAAY behind. Everything I have tried to deal with them has mostly produced multiple "Although we try to respond quickly, we often need additional time for research...Please allow an additional 60 days for us to obtain the information we need"  They currently have 10k open positions! Second, we had trouble this year with electronic filing, as they couldn't find my Mom's previous returns, but no problem with my Dad, even though they have done married filing jointly forever. As a retired programmer, my suspicion is that they have two databases not in sync.  I suggest the following steps: 

1. make sure your return was submitted successfully through TT, and that you got an "accepted" at both the federal and state level.  (To see this, just bring up your return in TT). Paper trails are good, print this page as proof you submitted (on time). 2. Go to IRS.gov and create/log in to your account.  See if it matches.  If your payment doesn't show up there and still not showing up at your bank, my guess is that you entered your bank acct routing info into TT incorrectly (a simple typo is most common culprit).  So try again directly from your IRS acct.  If it still doesnt go through, print your TT payment voucher and mail a check certified mail (I ALWAYS send IRS correspondence certified!).  Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies