Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I go about amending my previous state taxes with Oregon House Bill 2071 (2023)? All pay on active service with state is tax free with this retroactively to 2021.

09/24/2023 Oregon passed House Bill 2071 which "Exempts from state income tax military pay received by Oregon National Guard member while in active service of state or on state active duty. Applies to tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2021."
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can I go about amending my previous state taxes with Oregon House Bill 2071 (2023)? All pay on active service with state is tax free with this retroactively to 2021.

As a WILD Guess

That change was so recent, that it may take several months for the tax software to be updated....but only IF...if TTX agrees to do so.   Then you will eventually need the Desktop software to do the amendment.

1) First....the OR DOR has to decide HOW to implement it in their own computer system...2-3 months for that.

2) THEN the OR DOR has to interface with the computer software companies, outlining how it is to be done.  a month or two for that.

3) Then the computer software companies implement the proper computer software capabilities....another month or two.

________

SO, check back in ~ July of 2024.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies