Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get the free Turbo Tax Self employed offer as an uber driver? I tried clicking the link directly from the Uber website, still my discount doesn't show up.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

43 Replies
CathyB

How can I get the free Turbo Tax Self employed offer as an uber driver? I tried clicking the link directly from the Uber website, still my discount doesn't show up.

You were on the right track to use the link directly from the Uber site to start your return but the discount has not appeared so here is something to try: clear your cookies and cache in your web browser. Then close and re-open your browser. Go back to the Uber discount web link and start your return from their link.

I am having this same issue. I have also cleared my cookies and cache in my web browser, but there was no change or improvement. I clicked the affiliated link, it redirected me to the turbo tax site, and told me to either start for free (nonexisting account) or if i already have an account, to login. I do that, and it takes me to where i left off. And in order for me to fill out my 1099 form, it's requiring that I upgrade and pay. How do I avoid paying and/or get the discount that Uber has promised me?

I am having the same exact issue
glsrcnt

Same issue, links just go in a circle and then don’t produce anything.
headgamer

Yeah today is filing day and still the issue is not fixed!

For those who have problem getting the self-employed.  On the left panel.  There should be the "Upgrade" button.  Click that, and you'll get the self-employed version
jcs68

same problem
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue occur

Does this occur every year. its 2019 you would think that the Devs would get this fix by now
AForceRed

What if I've already started the return? Before I was offered the discount?

Since it doesn't seem like they monitor these questions and responses the best way to accomplish a successful application  of this discount is to  clear and restart the whole process by clearing your existing process/application and then clearing your cache and browser history and then going through the turbo tax direct link provided on the UBER website. It worked for me on 2/14/2019 and i believe its only valid through 02/28/2019. i know its a pain but after a sucessful call with a representative who told me this is the only way...it worked!! but FYI this is before FILLING...DO NOT FILE!!! if you have already filed it might be too late.

UBER IMPORTANT NOTES

February 21, 2019: deadline for free state filing and 50% off your federal filing with TurboTax Live Self-Employed

February 28, 2019: deadline for free federal and state filing with TurboTax Self-Employed and 50% off TurboTax Live Self-Employed

April 15, 2019: deadline for free federal filing with TurboTax Self-Employed or 50% off TurboTax Live Self-Employed (state filing not included)

April 15, 2019: Tax Day

I wrestled with this issue for a few hours with my PC---I had already entered all my info on TurboTax and then I was not able to get the discount through the Uber website link.  Every time I went to the file and payment page, the full price was still listed. Here's what to do: go through the link from your Uber account website under tax information. Click Start for Free for the TurboTax promotion. If you get an error and the website says our apologies cannot find website, you must clear your browsing data for Chrome or Firefox or whatever browser you are using. Close your browser and reopen it. Go back to your Uber account website under tax information. When you click Start for Free for the TurboTax promotion, it should work. You might have to try twice or 3x. Now, here is the tricky part. Do not click Start for Free, instead scroll down to where it says TurboTax Self Employed on the left side of the screen. Click Start for Free under this window.  Now you should be able to sign into your TurboTax account with all the information you've entered and get to the payment page which should show the partial or full discount.   SOLVED!!!!   I was on the phone for a couple hours before the TurboTax people finally told me what to do! This is obviously a glitch on their end and they should fix it.    READ THIS!!!!  I HAVE THE ANSWER!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies