Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I file my return when all I have received is the 1095C? It has been rejected 4 times now because of this.

It will not allow me input that I received a 1095C. So how do I get past this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can I file my return when all I have received is the 1095C? It has been rejected 4 times now because of this.

A Form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.

When the program asks you if you received a Form 1095-A you should have indicated NO.

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

You are not required to include your Form 1095-C with your return, as it is not used in Premium Tax Credit calculations like the Form 1095-A.  Keep it with your tax records but you will not need to enter any information into TurboTax.

To remove any partial forms form in the return, you can use Delete Forms

1. In the left menu, select Tax Tools
  2. Select Tools
  3. Select Delete a form
  4. Scroll to the Form 1095-A or 8962  and click Delete on the right
  5. Then scroll to the bottom and select Continue with my return

If you do not have a Form 1095-A or a Form 8962 in your return and a rejection now says that it is missing, the Marketplace may have told the IRS that you applied for coverage that you did not ultimately take, or that someone on your tax return did.  Please call the Marketplace and be sure they do not have a Form 1095-A on record for anyone on your return, searching by names and social security numbers. Sometimes people put the wrong number on their own application.  

If they do not, then please give us the exact reject message, so we can help determine what is causing the rejection.

Healthcare.gov

1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except holidays)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies