mrmac1202

How can I do what if scenarios in Turbo Tax 2016? Can I do what if scenarios in the state return?

I purchased the CD and downloaded it into my computer.  I have filed my tax return, but want to do some additional what if's. How do I do this?

Can I do that in the state return also?

Texas Roger

Switch to Forms. Click on Open Form. Type what in the search box and click on what-if worksheet and click on Open Form. 

I don't know the answer about whether you can do state or not.

If you are using the Window's Desktop Software you can save your return or copy it with a different name.  Go to FILE - SAVE AS.  Then you can use the copy to test out different things.  Be sure to give it a name you know is the test file.  Like name it TEST.

Or in the Desktop software you can do a What-if worksheet.
Go to Forms Mode, click Forms in the upper right. Then click Open Forms box in the top of the column on the left. Open the US listing of forms and towards the bottom find the What-if worksheet. It's right under Estimated Taxes.  

Or try…Go into Forms View. Once there, at the top of the left column, click on the icon for "Open Form". A popup window will appear. In the text line, type the word "what" without quotes. You should see "what-if worksheet" appear as a selection choice. Double-click it to launch the form.