Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrmac1202
Returning Member

How can I do what if scenarios in Turbo Tax 2016? Can I do what if scenarios in the state return?

I purchased the CD and downloaded it into my computer.  I have filed my tax return, but want to do some additional what if's. How do I do this?

Can I do that in the state return also?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can I do what if scenarios in Turbo Tax 2016? Can I do what if scenarios in the state return?

Switch to Forms. Click on Open Form. Type what in the search box and click on what-if worksheet and click on Open Form. 

I don't know the answer about whether you can do state or not.

If you are using the Window's Desktop Software you can save your return or copy it with a different name.  Go to FILE - SAVE AS.  Then you can use the copy to test out different things.  Be sure to give it a name you know is the test file.  Like name it TEST.

Or in the Desktop software you can do a What-if worksheet.
Go to Forms Mode, click Forms in the upper right. Then click Open Forms box in the top of the column on the left. Open the US listing of forms and towards the bottom find the What-if worksheet. It's right under Estimated Taxes.  

Or try…Go into Forms View. Once there, at the top of the left column, click on the icon for "Open Form". A popup window will appear. In the text line, type the word "what" without quotes. You should see "what-if worksheet" appear as a selection choice. Double-click it to launch the form.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies