turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I delete income entered in error under miscellaneous income? I am unable to delete this other income after multiple attempts.

I have gone back and answered no to other income and also entered zero multiple times, but it is still reporting a dollar amount.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

How can I delete income entered in error under miscellaneous income? I am unable to delete this other income after multiple attempts.

I'm not sure this will do the trick, but there may be a specific form that you need to delete.  See the TurboTax FAQ I'm linking below for instructions on deleting a form in TurboTax Online.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes,  The income not reported on 1099-Misc or 1099-NEC, needs to entered on line 8, Schedule 1 as Other Income.  If you entered the form incorrecty and needed to delete the form, you follow the steps below:

1. Login to Turbo Tax.
  2. On the left side of the screen, click Tax Tools, then Tools,
  3. Under Tools Center, scroll down and click delete a form.
  4. Under Review Form List, scroll down until you see 109-MISC or Other Income, click delete
dsbeezy

What if there is no form corresponding to the category you're looking for? You should be able to delete or remove income directly in the 'wages' user interface section of TurboTax. I've tried going over the areas where I believe the income is incorrectly being held to update them to zero, and nothing saves! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies