turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

utonyp

How can I change a 1099-misc that did not have correct information for one of our agents?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

How can I change a 1099-misc that did not have correct information for one of our agents?

Because 1099-MISC forms are reported directly to the IRS, any corrections must be made by the originator of the form. If you were the originator of the form, you will need to file a corrected 1099-MISC.

If you filed through Quick Employer Forms, QEF is unable to correct a 1099-MISC. You will need to order new 1099 forms from the IRS and follow the steps beginning page 4 of the instructions for form 1099-MISC.

.If you were not the originator of the form, please contact that organization to request a correction.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Because 1099-MISC forms are reported directly to the IRS, any corrections must be made by the originator of the form. If you were the originator of the form, you will need to file a corrected 1099-MISC.

If you filed through Quick Employer Forms, QEF is unable to correct a 1099-MISC. You will need to order new 1099 forms from the IRS and follow the steps beginning page 4 of the instructions for form 1099-MISC.

.If you were not the originator of the form, please contact that organization to request a correction.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies