How am I supposed to finish my taxes

mooredontez307

How am I supposed to finish my taxes

mesquitebean

How am I supposed to finish my taxes

You wrote:  "How am I supposed to finish my taxes?"

@ mooredontez307 

If you have a problem, you'll need to explain it in full.  We don't know what that means without any context or details.    Are you encountering some kind of roadblock?   Where?

You appear to be using Live Deluxe.  At least that is what is shown underneath your question.  That product has Live on-demand tax help from a CPA/EA expert during return preparation and a final review of your return prior to filing.   Live Deluxe is $90 for Federal and $50 for a state return.   If you choose the option to pay those fees out of the Federal refund, there is an additional $40 service fee ($45 for California filers, where it is bundled with "Premium Services.")

If  you selected the Live version of Deluxe by mistake, we can tell you how to remove it prior to filing.    Regular Deluxe is currently $40 for Federal and $40 for state, plus the service fee if you choose to pay out of your Federal refund.

Jaymantelwilliams

How am I supposed to finish my taxes

I was getting my last code number to sign my signature to finish but I dropped the screen..so I didn't enter it for my signature trying to go back directly to that page or is it done

mesquitebean

How am I supposed to finish my taxes

@ Jaymantelwilliams wrote:

It sounds like you have not finished the signature and efile process.  Your sentence is confusing and has little info, so it's not clear what you are referring to.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "getting my last code number."   Are you referring to a 6-digit email verification code that some online filers have to retrieve from their email and enter?    Or are you referring to the 5-digit Self-Select PIN where you choose any 5 digits to sign the return?

If you're referring to the 6-digit email verification code, you have to leave the screen open that asks for the code while you use another tab or a second window to go to your email to retrieve the code.  Then you enter the 6-digit code in the screen you left open.   If you close that screen that asks for the code, then the code will always be seen as invalid or "expired."

If you're referring to the 5-digit signature PIN, there is  a screen where you electronically sign the return by entering a "Self-Select PIN", which is any 5 digits of your choosing.   It is on a screen with today's date and your birthdate.

If you're using Online TurboTax, you also may encounter a screen before transmitting with a Captcha to indicate "I am not a robot."   And when you get to the final screen, there is a big orange "Transmit Returns Now" button.   You have to click that "Transmit" button to actually submit the return.  

After successfully transmitting the return, you should get 2 emails--one that the return has been transmitted, and one in 24-48 hours later (or sooner), saying if the efiled return was accepted or rejected.    If using Online TurboTax, you can also check the efile status at any time by logging back in and looking at the Tax Home. 

If you didn't finish efiling by clicking the orange "Transmit Return Now" button to actually efile, you can go back through the screens in the FILE section again.  

mesquitebean

How am I supposed to finish my taxes

@ Jaymantelwilliams 

ADDENDUM:

If you log in and your return is closed, at the Tax Home you can open it back up by clicking on "Add a State".  That doesn't really add one, but will open the return so you can go back to the FILE section and go through the screens again to efile.