turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

twiggm
Returning Member

hmm... looks like we've hit a snag. Windows desktop

When trying to pay for a state e-file, this window appears.  Two different tech people have NO clue how to fix it.  I saw posts from a week ago where people are having issues paying for audit protection.  It looks like they are having issues with their credit card site because I'm getting the same error with the state e-file.  I know the next screen is supposed to be enter your credit card info or use the one on file with Intuit.  You would think they would have gotten on this right away, they are losing money.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue in the Final Review section when selecting the pay with refund option. The customer is looped back to Final Review.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress updates, sign up below.

Signup for Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
twiggm
Returning Member

It is not in the final review.  It is when trying to pay for an state e-file, or as some other folks are seeing it on the purchase audit screen.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try disabling your main internet browsers pop up blocker before getting to the payment page.

twiggm
Returning Member

It's the desktop version not the internet version.  No popup blocker to disable.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

When you are making payment, that goes through the internet. There is a separate window that will pop up. This is why you need to disable your pop up blocker.

twiggm
Returning Member

I do not have a popup blocker.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

twiggm
Returning Member

I did 4 times yesterday and they had no clue how to fix it.  Even tried to pay by phone, but they couldn't figure out how to do that either.  Had me make a puchase for 20 bucks for a state e-file but then couldn't figure out how to allow me to use it.  And you want me to call them?

twiggm
Returning Member

Just because I tried everything else I went into MS Edge and turned the PopUp blocker off.  Did not make a difference.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The billing address on your credit card and the mailing address on your tax return have to match or you will get an error for paying with a credit card.

If they are not the same then change your mailing address to your billing address.  Click on My Info on the left side of the screen.  Edit you mailing address and Continue.  Go back to the File section to make your payment.

After the payment has been approved, go back to My Info and change the address back to the original.

twiggm
Returning Member

The address on Intuit's website is had my street as CT where my TurboTax had it at Court.  That was the only difference.  I changed it on the intuit website but it still does not work.  Thanks for trying to help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies