Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

angiepr15

Form 482 from Puerto Rico

Can I use turbo tax to file taxes from Puerto Rico?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarolynB

Hi. TurboTax does not support state tax returns from Puerto Rico. You can still file your federal tax return however, you would need to file the Puerto Rico state return directly with the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. 

Please see the following IRS publication for more information on filing your return with the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico:  http://www.irs.gov/publications/p570/ch03.html.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CarolynB

Hi. TurboTax does not support state tax returns from Puerto Rico. You can still file your federal tax return however, you would need to file the Puerto Rico state return directly with the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. 

Please see the following IRS publication for more information on filing your return with the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico:  http://www.irs.gov/publications/p570/ch03.html.
Julie19561994
Returning Member

i need to file 482 for puerto rico. they sold my dad house out of my portion was taken out. $3946 i was informed to file the 482 for to get that money back refunded. i live in Cinc8natti ohio. do u file this..need helpmy email is [email address removed]

BillM223
Expert Alumni

No, TurboTax does not support the form 482 from Puerto Rico

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Julie19561994
Returning Member

can someone help me here please need to file 480 6c

Julie19561994
Returning Member

• so who can i get to help me . doing this taxes 480 6c that's a refund back to i l7ve in Cincinatti ohio 

If the person, spouse, was originally from PR but living in the mainland US with children as a homemaker but has a rental house in PR, does she need to file a PR return?

Husband is an American and sole wage earner and She's not a PR Bona Resident as she lives in mainland U.S. state taking care of kids so doesn't live in PR anymore but is considered an American. 

They both file MFJ with husband on Form 1040 with Sch E.

Based on Publ 570 tax guide, they will file Form 1040 with Sch E but not PR tax form. 

But not sure??

Is there a PR tax form that should be filed?

The PR tax govt website is Only in Spanish, No English sections.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies